On Thursday 07 Aug 2003 8:53 pm, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 13:14, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 Aug 2003 1:08 pm, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:
> > > On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 23:15, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > > <snip>
>
> <snip>
>
> > I haven't been following this, so forgive me if this has been
> > covered already.
> >
> > Has your fstab got 'user' in the floppy line, like this:
> >
> > none /mnt/floppy supermount
> > dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=8
> >50 0 0
> > (all on one line, of course
> >
> > If not, put the 'user' in (you will have to do this as root (use
> > File Manager Super User Mode), save it, then do 'mount -a' in a
> > root terminal.
> >
> > After that you should be able to make your boot floppy with
> > DrakFloppy just as you wanted to.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Anne,
>
> Thanks again. I'll try that.
>

> ....................later: tried it. Still won't write.
>
> DougB

Hmmm - I'll try to backtrack the thread and see if I can spot
anything.

> BTW, did you get my e-mail about CanoScanners? Was there anything
> relevant?

Sorry I didn't get back to you.  I've been having serious space
problems, so that for a week my whole concentration has been on
sorting that problem out.  I'll take a look at what you wrote over
this weekend.  Thanks for thinking of me.

Anne