On 08 Aug 2003 17:21:33 +1000, Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> fam is a daemon (or demon) that sits in the background and watches file
> changes...it's locked me up a few times and that's been the trick -
> other than firing up VMWare and forcing the tray open with WinXP - or
> worse yet - A REBOOT...(eeesh...)

A while ago I pushed the tray closed on my burner, and before it closed
all the way, it just died. Didn't close. Eject button didn't work. Eject
command didn't work. Reset command didn't work. Just nuthin'.

I thought my burner had given up the ghost for a minute, but when I
rebooted it came back to life. I don't know if it happened because I
pushed the tray instead of using the button or what. But I _do_ use the
button to close it every time, now :-)

Miark