> How has Streamripper worked for you?  buggy?
> Does it do both windoz and realplayer type streams?

found it actually in cooker/contrib. I hven't tried it yet maybe will
tomorrow.

For real audio stuff, there's a little helper library on
http://sed.free.fr called libreplay.so. Works all right it seems,
provided that you set a few environment variables and are careful enough
not to point LD_PRELOAD at a relative path. Otherwise when you cd out
you end up with ls not working :(.

I found starting mozilla out of that shell problematic -- much better
with konqueror. Of course, if you have started realplay out of another
shell, it won't record the stream -- recall that different shells can
and do have different environment settings. That can be a plus,
actually.

And in passing, libreplay.so has the added benefit of showing you on the
console what files get opened/closed etc.