First. Thanks to all that responded.
First I Maked a copy of the log file and cp to floppy. (thanks DFOX). Then I Ran XFdrake (Thanks Stephen Kuhn).
Unfortunately this did not help. Below is my original post . The log file is quite long and I don't know if I should paste it and send it to the group or send it as an attachment. Which should I do.

"I go to regular command line after boot. After stopping X I tried to restart. I get an nVidia error message. I am A total Newbie and don't know were to get message to print let alone send a copy to list. :~(. My video card is an Elsa Gladiac MX nVidia GeForce 2 MX Rev A. I went to Elsa's Webpage and linux info is in GERMAN. Natually they have M$ info in english. Had Mandrake 7.2 Power pack running on the same machine fine until HD Meltdown. I need step by step help. At a total loss. Internet no help. Neither KDE or Gnome will come up at boot. Always command line. Where do I get a driver? How do I get it? Can I use my M$ machine to get it? How do I install it at command line? Totally fustrated. Please Help!! "