I did not try to install Apache2 and PHP on mdk 9.1 yet but I can tell you I had a very bizarre experience on two different SuSE 8.2 systems. On one, the two installed beautifully and worked out of the box. On another machine I could not get the this combination to work and I ended up using Apache 1 instead. I have no explanation :-(

Avi