On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:39:39 +0200, Remo Liechti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi
> there's a porject which emulates mac os x on linux. anything like
> vmware. i heard bout this project but i cant remeber its name... google
> couldnt find anyth.

VMware isn't an emulator, it is a virtualiser. An emulator replicates hardware
from the ground-up. VMware just uses your underlying CPU, which means it is
limited to the capabilities of your CPU architecture.

What architecture do you have? If you have an x86 chip, you will be limited to
x86 operating systems like Windows. AFAIK, there are no emulators good enough to
run Mac OS X on x86. I know that there is software that will allow you to run
Mac OS X in GNU/Linux on a PPC machine (not just Macs), but I can't remember any
off-hand.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]
  {PGP/GnuPG: http://dhanapalan.com/yama.asc

Microsoft, Windows, Windows 98, Bugs, Lacking Features, Bloatware, IRQ
Conflicts, System Crashes, Non-Functional Multitasking, The Y2K Problem,
Security Holes ("Trustworthy Computing") and The Blue Screen of Death ("BSOD")
are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp., Redmond, Washington, USA.