Somebody scribbled about [newbie] Printing Problems with KDE Programs
>Hi Guys,
>
>Had a weird problem develop over the weekend.  I am completely unable to
>print from a number of programs - the one thing they seem to have in
>common is that they are all KDE progs: Kover, KWrite KGhostview and

I just noticed this with Mandrake cooker 9.2 beta 2 and I am not sure yet
if it's KDE specifically. This much I do know - kde programs that handle
pdf won't handle pdf anymore. Forthermore printing (via acroread, which
uses kprinter) puts the print job in kprint job viewer but that launches
a perl that eventually (read real soon now) eats up all available ram and
swap.

I'm updating via urpmi at the moment - maybe that will fix it. This is the
first time I have noticed this issue...