On Wednesday 06 Aug 2003 12:28 am, Paul wrote:
> I cannot use urpmi to update. When I use the software management in MCC
> I get an error message "there is an error while adding the update medium
> via urpmi, may be due to a broken or temp.unavailable mirror". This is
> repeated on all mirrors.
>
> If I attempt to updtae via software sources manager, it goes through the
> updating process but then states it is unable to update.
>
> ps -A shows no running urpmi prior to me attempting.
>
> I have looked around but found no reference to this.
>
> Any advice, please?
>
> Paul M

First stupid question :- You are online when you do this are you?

Second stupid question :- Do you already have an update source defined when
you try adding a new one? What are you entering when you add a source?

Third not so stupid question :-  What do you see if you do 'urpmi.update
--wget -a' from a root command line? Post the output.

Suggestion :- There is an update for urpmi itself and for curl which fixes
issues downloading from some sources. If the urpmi.update command works then
update urpmi and curl from the command line with
urpmi --wget urpmi curl
If that works then the Mandrake GUI should then also work.

HTH

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net