ed tharp wrote:

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 18:04, Heather/Femme wrote:

I liked in MDK 8.2 the ability to save my KDE Session as it was when i
last booted into KDE. That option (a tickbox on the logout screen)
asked if i want to save sessions. NOw i can't find it in 9.1! WTF? I've looked for it in different places & no luck.

ugh... why does KDE make such changes?...sigh... it was fine as it was
IMO... now I can't get my session restored. :(

as I understand it, it was done to keep winblows users confused, and
then when they ask, we get to tell them that they have many choices on
how to do things in GNU-linux <g>
Ok really problem is mdkkdm id the 'display manger' so the solution, is
in the mandrake control center, hardware, display mangler choser, pick
kdm (or gdm, since for all I know you might swing that way this week
[gnome, that is])

I could be wrong, but I think he is asking about the check box that used to appear when you would log out of KDE asking if you wanted to save your session. Switching from mdkkdm to kdm doesn't return the missing check box.

Joeb