On Sunday August 10 2003 02:42 am, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On 09 Aug 2003 19:56:16 -0400
>
> ed tharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > if you are installing 9.1, there is no "expert" mode, like
> > there was in 7.0-9.0, but in some sections (like configuring
> > the network) you can chose an expert mode.
>
> There is still an expert mode.
> It is not avaiable from the default installation but has to be
> called from F1.
>
> # linux expert vga=normal or simply
> # expert vga=normal

     Yep.

>     Charles

   I've sometimes got some good opinions ;) Charles has the right
answers when you can get him to speak up ;)  BTW folks, y'all
should be made aware that Charles is a highly valued member and
contributor to Mandrake's current development. Now an in the past.
Often thankless an unpaid efforts.

   There are some situations were F1, options won't go tho. Some
hardware, particularly with USB keyboards. I didn't have a USB
kybd, but with my old hardware, F1 - expert, would not complete
no problem. Green gremlins were to blame ;)