On Friday 08 August 2003 04:53, manolis wrote:
> thank you both.
> vncviewer for windows runs fine with vncserver.
> just a simple question:
> I can access from my local network the vncserver, but from the internet I
> have to put in shorewall ACCEPT on all policy rules.
> I leave out my security though.
> Is there a way to open a specific port for vnc?
>
> thank you in advance
>
> Στις Πεμ 07 Αυγ 2003 20:21, ο/η manolis έγραψε:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way to connect to my linux desktop via windows remote desktop
> > connection?
> >
> > Any Software? web sites ?
> >
> > thank you in advance

Shorewall needs to have port 5900 opened for VNC. If you have any other
routers in your network, you'll also want to open that port as well and point
it to the IP of your box running VNC server. For multiple boxes, the display
numbers (configured on the server) will determine which server you get to.
hth,

--
Ben Reeves

"He who knows much about others is learned, but he who understands himself is
more intelligent. He who
 controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier
still."
- Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King