----- Original Message -----
From: Roland Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:35:09 -0700
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] HELP my modem

> I am not sure what you mean by "autoload file" but you should be able to start
> KPPP in a terminal window.
> Roly
>
> On Wednesday 13 August 2003 05:57 am, aj wrote:
> > hi all
> >
> > I'm new Mandrake 9.1 user and linux too. I've two  questions 1- I've
> > notebook Compaq prosignia 150, it has a winmodem Lucent I downloaded the
> > drivrer and my hardware internet and network recognized it but I couldn't
> > run autoload file which comes with the packege for my modem. thesres
> > something missing!.
> >
> > second qusetion is how can I bring KPPP in the desk top I could not find it
> > in my Kd3.1.
> >
> > Thanks all in advance.
> >
> > AJ

Hi, to have kppp available you must install  the package "kdenetwork-kppp". It's on
the Mdk sources cd's somewhere.

Best regards to you.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber

~Linux Powered by Mandrake 9.1~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~

http://www.operamail.com
Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year