On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> YOU HAVE ONLY 24h to answer before the choice is done...
> so answer fast :)
>
> the panoramix name is unfortunately copyrighted (wishing there were only GPL ;-)
> so i'm making a poll here to know which name it will change to!
>
> - koala
Not bad, but the image it conjures up in my mind is that of
a sleepy little creature... not necessarily the best image,
I would think, for Mandrake. :-)

> - mangoose (snake killer)
Assume you meant a play on words here? If so, I think it's
a nice touch, but a mite bit confusing for some. Might just
want to go with "Mongoose." :-)

Hmm...how about "Dragonslayer?" ;-)

> - pixdrake
Hmm...Pixar Studios might possibly see a TM infringement.
It would be hard to prove, but still, does anyone want to
mess with those guys??? I surely don't! :-)

> - Houdini
Interesting....

> - Sandbox
Sorry.....I don't like the "kiddie" connotation that (to
me) brings.
> - Isix
L-Six???? Don't get it. Sorry.

> - Easix
A new flavor of Unix???? I think that might be too
confusing.
> - easX
> - easyX
Either of the above wouldn't be too bad, although if you
choose one of 'em I think easyX would be better.
Whichever  you choose, good luck! :-)
        John