If you want to be able to run it for multpile users, and not have all/no
users be able to look at/configure it, Miark pointed me to the user way
of running it:

Here is what i ended up doing:

1. Installed popfile in my ~/bin dir.

2. in .bash_profile
cd /home/huff/bin/popfile
perl popfile.pl 1> .popfile.out 2>.popfile.errors &
cd ~/

3. in /home/huff/bin/popfile/popfile.cfg
html_port 8081
pop3_port XXXX
pop3_secure_port XXXX

I just chose 8081 cuz it's different than the default (8080 i think)
Where XXXX is some port > 1024

4. Adjust your email program's pop3 port to XXXX

eric