On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:04:18 +0100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] uttered:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm real newbie amd i have one problem.
>
> I can't sync my palm contacts with evolution contacts, i know i have
> to create a conduite but i don't know how?
>
> Anybody help me??

Okay, I just got my Handspring Visor to sync, and load the PDB files
with my machine. The Handspring Visor, though ridiculously less
functional than the Palm Pilot, *will* sync with Mandrake, it has full
support for Palm-based devices built into the kernel.

I started here:

http://www.linuxpda.com/visor/howto/current/syncsoftware.html

which led me to here:

http://www.pilot-link.org/

You can install Pilot Link with:

urpmi pilot-link

>From then on my info is specific to the Visor, but once you have Pilot
Link installed, you should be able to load the files from your device to
your computer, See "man pilot-link" for more info on that. At that point
Evolution should be able to import the data.

Also check out:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-pilot/

and

http://jpilot.org/

These are GUI front-ends, I believe, but I have not checked them out
yet.

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046