On 24 Aug 2003 14:22:01 -0700
Russ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I had a dual boot system and I allowed Lilo to boot to Windows by
> default (for my daughter). I now have only Linux on here but I can't
> figure out how to remove the Windows from the boot menu and make it
> boot to Linux by default.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

Edit /etc/lilo.conf

You will see a line:

default="really bad OS that will eventually kill you"

make it:

default="linux"

then you will be safe.

To remove Windows entries from the menu totally, I believe (it's been
awhile since I dual booted), you can do that in MCC under Boot. In fact,
you may be able to do both under MCC, but I wanted to make a joke, so...

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046