I think that I have read somewhere on the Mandrake site that Mandrake 6.0 is
99% compatible with Red Hat 6.0.  Given this is the case the Red Hat
hardware compatibility lists might well be a good place to check to see if
your hardware, or hardware you are planning to purchase, is supported.  They
say that the hardware has been tested with Red Hat but give no guarantees.

I used their list when choosing components for my system and have not ever
had any hardware problems.  As far as I know, what works with Red Hat should
work with Mandrake (does anyone know differently?), so try having a look at:

http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/hardware/index.html

The ATI Xpert 2000 didn't seem to show up, though it might be based on a
chip set that is supported.  You might want to see what chipset it uses and
search for that.  You might want to also have a look at the Xfree86 homepage
- I can't remember the URL however.

Aaron