On Monday 25 August 2003 12:25, Anarky wrote:
>     well, I understood in mandrake kernel update was painless & cool,
> so I thoguht I'd try it. I wanted kernle 2.6.test3  I'd love to use
> urpmi ... but I don't, because i've got a limited download quota ...
> so what I would really love would be if urpmi would just give me a
> list of the exact files & addresses to get them from, then I could
> download them from somewhere I don't have download limits & install
> them at home ... anyway ... so I started manually downloading. I
> downloaded
> kernel-2.6.0-0.test3.1mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm, tried rpm -ivh on it ...
> said something about dependencies ... so I got downloading other
> deps.

<snip>

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=kernel-2.6.0-0.test3&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=
says it's a Mandrake Cooker package. You shouldn't try to use cooker
packages in ML9.1 . Maybe you can rebuild a source rpm from cooker,
I'm not sure, but running a 2.6.0test kernel in ML9.1 is no reasonable
option IMHO.

Btw, kernel 2.6.0test3 is a kernel from the development branch of
the Linux kernel. It's possible these development kernels break
your system or cause filesystem corruption!

HTH,

    -Frans