08/26/03

Ronald,

See if you can find a cassette boom box or other cassette player that has
left and right PHONO or RCA outputs.

Then buy the appropriate cable to connect the cassette player to the Line In
of your sound card.  That cable might be a Left and Right RCA (or PHONO) to
1/8" mini Stereo, since most computer sound cards like to use 1/8" mini
Stereo for inputs and outputs.

Work with your software mixer settings to get the signal strength where you
like it without getting distortion (too hot of a signal).

As for Linux software to use for the recording, I can't help you there.  I'm
still Linux-less for now.

Regards,
Stephen.