On Wednesday 27 August 2003 08:43 pm, Dan Gordon wrote:
> Has anyone visited rpmfind.net lately ? When I go there and do a
> software search I get this.
>
> This page is temporarily closed in protest against software patents.
> Websites may soon be closed down regularly due to software patents.
> Software patents can get you prosecuted for publishing texts you wrote
> yourself!
>
> You will be redirected to http://swpat.ffii.org in 20 seconds for more
> information. To enter this site, click here
>
> Seems like some kind of European Patent battle I've not heard of, or am
> i getting some kind of strange redirect from rpmfind's website ?
>
> Regards,
> Dan Gordon
No it is not a redirect, the Euro Parliment is going to vote on allowing
software patents and these website changes are part of the protest. I hope
they succeed. Software patents like Amazon's single click are a threat to the
entire world of software inovation and Open source. See the link on the
Mandrake Homepage for Patents.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842