Derek Jennings wrote:

On Sunday 24 Aug 2003 9:57 am, Anarky wrote:

I understand there is a newer linux kernel out there ... one which
would know how to give higher priority ot processes I just started &
stuff like that .. any chance that will be included in 9.2?
greets,

No need to wait. It is in 9.1 already.
Install the kernel-multimedia, the jackit sound server, and xmms-jack (all on your CDs)

I installed those, did lilo & rebooted it ... and X wouldn't even start up :-(
I'm never gonna have that cool multimedia feature!! or am I???