On Saturday 30 Aug 2003 12:14 am, Anarky wrote:
> Tony S. Sykes wrote:
> >Evolution, Gnome-kal, Korganiser.
>
> gnomecal seems to be closest to my needs but I'm still looking ... the
> others start too slow .. I just need a very simple program that will
> tell me around where I am in the month/week .. as I always lose it :)
> ... and I'm using blackbox so I don't have any place to click :) ... so
> I'd just love a fast starting big claendar that I could simply close
> back quickly :P

If you use fluxbox instead of blackbox, then you can put little 'dockapps' in
'the slit'. There are lots of dockapps available including calendering ones.

See here for details of fluxbox (It is in Contrib on Mandrake mirrors)
http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/

See here for dockapps
http://www.bensinclair.com/dockapp/showcat.php3?type=Date/Time
(Dockapps also work in 'Window Maker' )