John....glad to hear you got it up and running.  However I'm not sure I
understand why you moved your entire linux installation area (free
space) instead of just creating a small /boot partition at the beginning
of your original free space?

I'm not so good at networking stuff yet, so maybe someone else can
answer that one.

Screen resolution problems just like yours have been covered in this
list many times before, have you scanned through the archives?  I
suggest you go to console mode and run setup (as root) and do X
configuration.  When it comes time to choose a resolution, pick only
one, then that resolution will fill the screen like you're used to in
windows.

I recommend Boot Magic, but by editing /etc/lilo.conf and changing the
order of the sections in it you can change the default boot system.  But
since I've never done it (used Boot Magic instead) I am unable to go
into detail, someone else may chime in here.

Alan