Okay, I've now got a small cassette deck with true line out, and a cable with
R/L RCA jacks on one end, and a 1/8th inch mini-jack (2 bands) on the other.
I plug the mini-jack into the line-in on my Soyo Dragon Plus MB and get...

Nothing.

Gramofile, Rezound, no software I've tried gets any sound from this. I know
the setup works, because we used it a the guys house that I borrowed it from
on his Windog machine. Worked great there - he recorded some cassettes he
had.

I tried aumix, kmix, and alsamixer to make sure that line-in is working, but I
dunno. I tried it with buttons green, then red, sliders all the way up, etc,
etc. Still nothing. Anyone know anything that would cause my line-in not to
work?

I can plug the mini-jack into the mic port and great sound comes thru my
Monsoon speakers, right and left. I can't record like that though, because I
only get one channel. I could accept this if I could find some software that
lets me copy one channel to the other, so I'd at least have sound everywhere.

Any ideas? Thanks.

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord