Dennis Myers wrote:

On Friday 29 August 2003 08:48 pm, David E. Fox wrote:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/

I hope I dont see that for real

I'm up for violating patents. :)

You can still enter the site. But the EPA is trying to shut the page
down. Pity. Just mvoe the site to .au or somewhere :).

I doubt that patents were violated. One of the issues with respect to
DVDs is a region code. The manufacturers of the original DVD standard
were pressured IMHO by the government agencies into putting this
code into every DVD player. And they were wimps, and they ended up
giving various governments a tool to control what is viewed.

David E. Fox Thanks for letting me
[EMAIL PROTECTED] change magnetic patterns
[EMAIL PROTECTED] on your hard disk.

It is part of the protest over software patents in the EU. The European Parliament was to vote on it today I think, but they once again postponed, mainly due to the protests. Hope they succeed in stopping the patents since we didn't here in the USA. No vote no nothing, just got patents on software shoved down our throats by big business.

So do I , this is a hasty piece of badly worked out legislation that will only have to be repealed.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]