On Saturday 30 August 2003 05:04 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> When I start to boot into the installation and it starts to load all of the
> programs it is freezing. When it freezes the keys start to blink and it
> says Kernel Panic: cannot mount root files system on 1:03. It is not
> because I have 1gb of memory.

You know, that's weird, but I had the same thing happen with one of my
installs, including the same error.  I think perhaps it was the high speed
CDRom causing the error, because I could hear the drive spin up, then down,
then up, then down, etc.  At any rate, I solved the problem the same way
you're doing it--I used a harddisk install.  I had no trouble copying from
the CD with the same drive, either.  I've done 9.1 installs on about a dozen
different machines, and I only had the problem on that one.