John Richard Smith wrote:
Margot wrote:

I finally took the plunge this morning and upgraded from the Mozilla 1.1 that came with my Mandrake 9.0 to the Mozilla 1.4.

I downloaded it, unzipped it, untarred it and installed it following the instructions it came with - and now I can't find it!

For the 1.1, I had some desktop icons that I'd dragged from the K menu.

The icons are still on the desktop, and still bring up 1.1.

The K menu still brings up 1.1.

The only way I can access 1.4 is by going to a Konsole, doing cd /usr/local/mozilla, then doing ./mozilla.

How do I get the new version on to the K menu?

Margot

MCC - System - Menudrake - system menu configure -Networking -
either mail, chat, news , www, whaterver and change the path to the app.

John

OK, tried this, changed the path, and it has done something - but not what was intended! Now the K menu icons don't work at all - no old version, no new version, just a quick flash of something that looks like Konsole, but disappears after a millisecond. What did I do wrong?

Margot