On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:51:03AM +0200, Kim Brandt wrote:

> I got some problems when i tried to install qmail (i already got postfix
> 20010228-p103 working well)
> And the installation didnīt work, so i uninstalled qmail.
>
> I run a webserver on a Mandrake 8.1 machine, and usually get some e-mails from the
> server, but now i donīt.
>
> I think qmail, either deleted some postfixfiles, or changed them in the installing
> process.
> So my question is what to do?
>
> I got backup of /var, /etc, /usr and /home
>
> But i donīt know wich files that have been overwritten (or deleted)
>
> Is there any file that "tell php" wich mailserver is default? Maybe i could change
> in that file?

I don't know if it will solve your problem but the /etc/php.ini
defines the mailserver for php. Though it's not needed if you run on the
defaults which uses sendmail.

When you install qmail your supposed to
delete your sendmail and qmail makes a symbolic link called sendmail
which points to qmail-inject.

To see what php is using for a mail server and all it's variables call
the phpinfo( ) function. You can put it in a file and call it from
your webserver.

<HTML>
  <HEAD><TITLE>PHP Test </TITLE></HEAD>
  <BODY>