On Monday 01 September 2003 03:04 pm, Merlin Zener wrote:

>> whack

> Hello all,
> well I'm pleased [no, make that: amazed:)] to say that I went out
> and got a modem, came home and plugged it in and connected first
> time - no problems!!! I got an "Aztech 56K", Windoze detected it
> on bootup and automatically installed the driver. I connected once,
> in WIN2K to be sure before rebooting into Mandrake.
>
> Straight off the "what to do" menu "connect to the internet";
> all I had to tell it was the dialup number, username and password
> and it connected. You guys may be shrugging and saying "so what"?
> but for this is a big deal :)

>>> whack

Merlin:
Glad that it worked out well for you. And now you know why so many of us get
pissed off when we read those CNet/ZDNet/BlahNet/FUDNet articles about how
hard it is to install Linux. (My all time favorite is the twit who didn't
like the Mandrake installation because it didn't include a game to play
during the installation.)
-- cmg