I have one of those NeoMagic graphics cards with 2.5Mb RAM running on a
notebook(KDE1.1.1 & Mandrake6.0).  I have tried to use the XFCom servers
available from Redhat's site.  Only thing it has done for me is disable
my backspace and delete keys.  Have tried stty erase to no avail.  The
only solution was to use ^H, so I went back to the XFree SVGA as I could
not see any difference.

Then I tried using the demo version of Accelerated X.  Again, no
difference, so I got out of my KDE session and tried to startx again.
THe X server refuses to start with a message like "Authentication
Failed".  The only solution was to uninstall Accel X.

My two questions are:

What improvements do I expect to see over a generic (SVGA) server?
Has anobody got any ideas on the problem I encountered with the Accel X
?  If there is a real performance boost(presuming I can get it working)
, I would like to get the Accel X package.

--
Ronald Yeo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]