On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 12:14, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I installed an updated xft2 and some Microsoft fonts via URPMI
> (Texstar)...since then...well...seems Gnome apps are hosed.  I don't
> know what the defaults were (which looked good), or how to change it.
> Any help is appreciated.

Last time I toasted Gnome, I had to delete the .gnome and .gconf and
.gtk directories and file and start fresh - also, there was a
.fonts-cache file in my home dir that I had to constantly wipe out - and
all was well - for a while - but then just gave up on Gnome completely
because it tends to not play nice after it breaks once or
twice...snowball effect...

stephen kuhn
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.