Aron Smith wrote:

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 04:27, John Richard Smith wrote:

Jesüs Arocho wrote

Jesüs Arocho,
That was very interesting. I did not know that was the case.
I did not know it was nearly a non runner.
I thoght I read somewhere that it was originally a gift by the French Government, but that obviously was not the case.

However I refer to a smaller statue , which I am sure I have seen, that still exists today in Paris, somewhere on the river bank , cannot remember where , though.

http://www.photovault.com/Link/Cities/Europe/France/Places/StatueOfLiberty.html
http://www.photovault.com/Link/Cities/Europe/France/Places/Paris.html

The smaller statue you refer to is the artists working model.

John

Yes that could well be the case.
John

--