On Wednesday September 10 2003 11:11 am, Gilligan wrote:
> Is there a way to upgrade to RC2 without dling the iso's and
> creating discs via ftp? I am running RC1 and really would like to
> just dl and install.
>
> TIA

   Create cooker mirror sources for both main (RPMS/) and contrib
(RPMS2/) and then    urpmi.update -a -f --wget && urpmi --wget
--no-verify-rpm --auto-select -v    in a terminal as root.  I just
did this a few days ago an it took 1.5 hours with a 1.5Mbit adsl
connection. Still it's a lot less d/l'ing than getting the RC2
iso's. When you're done you'll actually be well past RC2.

    You can use  urpmi.setup   (as root) to easily add cooker
sources. It's pretty intuitive, you'll figure it out quickly. I'd
suggest uninett as it's a fairly current an stable primary mirror.
If you then keep your cooker install current, by the third week in
September, you'll have 9.2 final.