Hi everybody,

Many times, when I want to install new apps (whether in rpm format or
by building from source), I need a newer version of glibc.  For
example:

error: failed dependencies:
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)

Is there a way to install these libraries without breaking the system?
I don't want to upgrade the whole distro right now because to system
is basically a box without a monitor, keyboard or mouse (only way to
interact is through ssh and vnc), but I'd like to have more recent
versions of some applications.

What is the limit to the upgrade process before you have to upgrade to
a newer distro?

Éric Caron
eric.caron(at)videotron.ca