Hi,
I am using a flat screen crt monitor. It is a Logisys LGX-750 crt flat screen. I attached the monitor config file to this email. Would anybody help me with this? The parts in the monitor configuration file that I was wondering about are some of the settings.

1. > If you complete all hardware setup, save the configuration file.

> Now execute the X-window.
Even though you setup all above procedure, the X-Window can't run.
If the X-window doesn't run properly, you have modify the x86config file as follows.

< Linux Modification Items >

> Replace the "#" with the value of Bandwidth refer to user's manual

> Modify the other additional hardware modification.

> At last, you have to select the video mode.

> Now run the X-Window.

It says to go to the x86config file. How do I get to the file? It also says to re place the "#" with the value of bandwith. What is that?

2.>Using the monitor installation diskette
- Open the Xf86Config file with Linux Editor.
- Move to [Monitor] Section.
- After you select the monitor model in your install diskette, copy the data of HorizSync and VertRefresh
to XF86Config.
- Disable the resolution using the "#" at ModeLine.
And after you select the monitor model in your install diskette, copy the data of ModeLine to XF86Config.

How do I do this?

It says that if the bandwith is not set correctly that it could cause a problem with the login to the desktop. I thought that might be a reason I could not login?

Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today! https://broadband.msn.com
5. Linux Monitor Installation Procedure

1)Linux Install Procedure

In order to execute the X-window, you have to make the XF86Config file which is
the system setup file. Your monitor also can setup through this file.
Also this file is generated by executing the XF86config.

> After execute the xf86config, press "Enter" at first and second display.

> At third display, you can see the display of installation of mouse

> At this time you have to setup your mouse according to your mouse hardware

> And next display is the installation of Keyboard.

> You have to setup your keyboard according to your keyboard.

> From now on , the monitor installation will be come out.

> At first, you have to setup the Horizontal frequency. Select the number which you want to setup.
And also you can type the frequency directly. See monitor user's manual.

> And then you have to setup the Vertical frequency. Following is the same as Horizontal frequency.

> Type the name of monitor. This name is not related to X-window execution.

> Now the monitor setup is completed

> Complete the other hardware setup.

> If you complete all hardware setup, save the configuration file.

> Now execute the X-window.
Even though you setup all above procedure, the X-Window can't run.
If the X-window doesn't run properly, you have modify the x86config file as follows.

< Linux Modification Items >

> Replace the "#" with the value of Bandwidth refer to user's manual

> Modify the other additional hardware modification.

> At last, you have to select the video mode.

> Now run the X-Window.

2)Monitor Installation Tip

< Explanation and Concept regarding the display monitor >

The related the document is located at dm/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/Video Mode.doc and read the "readme.txt".

>Horizontal Sync. Frequency (Unit Khz)
This is the Dot Line per 1 seconds. And if you setting the H-Frequency incorrectly, it causes to make the
problem at monitor hardware. you have to set the H-Frequency correctly.

>Vertical Sync Frequency(Refresh Rate, Unit Hz)
This is the frame number per 1seconds. And if you setting the V-Frequency incorrectly, it cause to make flicker.
If you work long time with this stituation, your eye will be tired. In order to reduce this problem,
you have to increase the V-Frequency up to 70Hz.

   >Dot Clock (Bandwidth)
     This is indicate the speed of Video Signal.

   >ModeLine Data Detail
        ModeLine "640x400"   25.175   640 664 760 800 400 409 411 450 -hsync +vsync
        640x480 --> Resolution
       25.175  --> Dot Clock(MHz)