"PSM 0x2710]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So what is the general opinion of Star Office?  Does anyone recommend it
> seriously or is there something that would do the job just as well?  Thanks
all!

=======================
Almost a year ago I downloaded the Win version of SO 5.0, knowing I'd soon be
trying linux.  I now run 5.0 on my linux box and find it paticularly useful
when dealing with others from the M$ worl using office.  Student e-mail eassys
to me as Word attachments.  From my linux box, I open the essay in SO, make my
comments in red, save as Word 97 doc, e-mail back as attachment. No problemo.
I find PowerPoint easier to use than SO presentation program, but other than
that, I find SO equally competent.  Keep in mind it is a hog, so have plenty
of RAM or it'll really drag (I use 96 meg).
HTH,
Mike

Michael Scottaline
COL 2.2   Linux 2.2.5
It's a fresh wind that Blows Against the Empire

http://webmail.netscape.com.