That is what I thought.
So there is no way to find out what tracks are on a CD but by opening an app.
That does not seem too linuxish to me.I would guess you have to run a programme like cdread or something in a terminal, and give it the correct command ? no ?

John

Miark wrote:

CDs don't have a filesystem, so you can't mount and ls them.
As far as I know, the only way to get track listings is to
open it in a CD player that has CDDB lookups enabled.

Miark