I'm running MDK 9.1 and the Ximian installation of Evolution 1.4 from
Red Carpet on a Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop. DevFs and Hotplugging are
running. All the Evolution conduits and underlying Gnome pilot support
files are installed. I can sync my Neo Visor to JPilot and KPilot once I
have initially pressed the hotsync button on my USB cradle before
starting any applications. I can also do this in Evolution, but only if
I go into 'Pilot Settings' in the menu and either delete/re-enter my
settings, or make it seem that I am doing so. Upon closing the settings
dialog I get the error message that '/dev/pilot' cannot be found and no
link established with the Visor. This is understandable since I am
running DEvFs. The next press of the hotsync button gives me a complete
sync that can be done over and over as long as Evo is running. Rebooting
causes the need to re-enter the 'gnome-pilot-applet' settings in Evo all
over again. '/.gpilotd under ~ is empty. It seems that I should have a
config file there, right?

Has anyone been able to get their Visor or Palm to sync via USB cradle
to MDK 9.1 and Evo 1.4 (Ximian's site version)? I have read all the
generally available Docs and HOWTO's. I understand how DevFs is handling
the dynamic device naming so that the '/dev/pilot' symlink is not
needed. I'm looking for that one step I am missing to make .gpilotd
remember my settings! Gnome.org has not been of any help. Really could
use some help from someone successfully doing what I am trying to
accomplish.

Thanks,

Paul