Civileme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well well well, when I need to hire someone to open a can of worms, I know
where to
> look.
>
> As with all things, it depends on what you want to use it for.
>
> My point of view?
>
> As a system administrator migrating people from Windows and ClarisWorks and
> Microsoft Office, I GOTTA HAVE IT.  And I hope we see 5.2 with Office 2000
filters
> REALLY SOON or we may need to brand Sun Microsystems dumber than they look.
> StarOffice won't even do the job of poisoning Office sales if it does not
achieve
> parity with files quickly.

                        <Big Snip> (read the original, it's worth it!)

No flame here; just my thanks for sharing your insights with us!  I haven't
tried most of these, but I have tried and used SO, Maxwell, and Applixware,
and your comments seemed most appropriate to this newbie.
Thanks,
Mike Scottaline

http://webmail.netscape.com.