To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 12:54
Subject: [newbie] Updating URPMI itself.

Hi,
The HOWTOs I read show me how to use urpmi to update programs.

>> I need to update urpmi itself. Will it be safe to update urpmi
>> the way I updateother programs; using urpmi itself? If that
>> is not safe then how do I update urpmi? The HOWTOs do not give
>> me an answer to these questions.

Thanx,

Ayoub

[Deleted]

Using urpmi to update urpmi is just fine.

Just run "urpmi urpmi" and you're good to go.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
   AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
02:25:00 up 9 days, 13:41,  1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.12, 0.09

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)