Hi,
Is Easy Urpmi the same thing as using the autoupdate in mandrake? Would you tell me how to manually update x86 without any of the other packages?
From,
Steven

From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [newbie] installing x86 update
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:46:24 +0200

It's very simple. Once you added yourself the urpmi updates media with Easy
Urpmi (http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php) you open up your console,
su to root and execute :
# urpmi.update updates && urpmi --auto-select --update

This will update the contents of the updates media (not necessary to run
after adding the media. Run it only when you want to update the packages
from that media) The next command is the '&& urpmi --auto-select --update'
means that it will be executed only if the first one will success (&& -
execute if success) and run urpmi , auto select all the updated packages
(--auto-select) that needed to be installed (from the list of currently
installed rpms on your machine) and use only the 'updates' media (--update).
Note that kernel will not be installed in this way of running urpmi. Only
when running urpmi kernel --update it will install the kernel binaries.

This is generally the way to update the current running Mandrake of yours.
So there are XFree packages available from the updates media - execute that
command and it will update everything including the XFree.

Hope I helped