-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Eric Mings
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 1999 8:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Backup options

I would like to be able to use a backup program to backup some files to
harddrive in a directory on another computer on my network. Seems to
me,
from what I have looked at, that the two main commercial backup programs
are focused towards tape drives. Could someone tell me what my best
option might be for this usage (Preferably cheap or free :-) .  I am
used
to Retrospect on the Mac that can backup to damn near anything with
ease.
Thanks!

Regards,

Eric Mings Ph.D.