On Thursday 18 September 2003 14:30, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> I erased that other semi-OS as I hadn't been using it. Then I created an
> new home directory and all my data was transferred to it automagically,
> as you say. Amazing what MCC can do !
> In MCC I tried to make some adjustments and deleted the w* entry so that
> my computer boots Linux only. However, I'm not sure if I did the right
> thing. I see there are other options: linux-fb, failsafe and floppy (if
> I'm not mistaken). Is that why it still waits for me to choose one of
> these options ?
> I was asked to install a package called arpci. I'm not sure if that's
> its name...Maybe I checked some box I shouldn't have checked as I doubt
> if it is installed by default.
>
> TIA

By MCC I take you mean "diskdrake".
A word of warning though: Diskdrake has some funny quirks, I ran across one
today again. Sometimes diskdrake renames partitions and writes that to
/etc/fstab whereas either "fdisk" or "cfdisk" see a different naming scheme.
At the worst this could prevent a successful reboot...."diskdrake" is wrong!!

In my case "diskdrake" saw /dev/hda6 as my swap partition which it wasn't, it
should've been /dev/hda5 and hda6 an unused ext3 partition.
I only noticed because I started checking why the machine had been getting so
slow to bootup:o/
This change was brought on by diskdrake due to moving and resizing existing
partitions about like you just have. Double check /etc/fstab and the
disk-geometry before rebooting.

Good luck,
HarM
--