On Sunday 21 Sep 2003 4:05 pm, Dale Huckeby wrote:

>   Thanks all.  Guess it would have been clearer if I had said I
> don't know what a _color page_ is (still!), or how to create it at
> ANY given size (not just A4), or dpi resolution, or Mb size.  In
> short, I'm a complete naif when it comes to using Gimp or any other
> graphics tool.

I guess that you need a good size image with a high dpi in portrait
shape.  In Gimp, you right-click (for pretty well everything :-) )
File > Print.  On the print page you can adjust most settings,
including output resolution.  Near the bottom is the place to scale
the image up to as nearly fill the page as possible.
HTH

Anne

--
Registered Linux User No.293302