XF86 is what I used...
goto
http://www.xfree86.org/#getting

click the download... it will then send you to a FTP site.
goto the binaries directory
goto the linux-ix86-glibc directory
download:
preinst.sh
postinst.sh
extract
Xbin.tgz
Xdoc.tgz
Xfnts.tgz
Xlib.tgz
Xlib.tgz
Xman.tgz
Xset.tgz
Xjset.tgz
then goto the Servers Directory
download:
XSVGA.tgz
XVG16.tgz

Then you need to goto:
http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.5/RELNOTES9.html
read it and print it since you might need it for reference.
That will get you half way there... you will then need to install those
files per the Reference that I noted. Then when you get all that
installed you will run:
XFSetup to configure your display.
I will have to get outa windows and back into Linux to give ya the
details on the driver and such.
but from what I can remember you have to select the video card (BTW, it
will ask you if you want to use the config file when you start that and
hit yes.). and then there is a option at the bottom about the card list..
click on it... then it will bring up a card list and select the driver
for that and click on Card details... this is where you have to kinda
play with what you got. just make sure if you have the 5597 selected you
use those details and such. it took me a few trys to clean up the text
but it does allow you to test the video before you get it all said and
done there is a option that says to run ld -something or another..run it
and it the text is blacked/boxed then go back and try again something
isn't setup right... I should have the details later when I get back to
Linux. I will check out the details and get back with you. I am trying to
configure a internet connection and it keeps dumping me for some
reason....
Jess