From: Paul Kaplan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 9:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] network problem?

I am trying to connect to a W2K network with Active Directory. I am using Mandrake 9.1 with the samba3rc4 contrib rpms.

When I issue smbclient3 //<server>/<directory>

I get a password prompt for the directory. After entering my password, I get the smb prompt. From there all sub-directories are visible to the ls command.

However, when I issue smbclient3 //<server>/<share>

I get the following: could not resolve mount point.

What's wrong here?  Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Paul