On Wednesday 24 September 2003 02:45 pm, Johan wrote:
> Hi,
> I have this script thats running....to stop it the command ..avguard
> stop....is required.
> If I forget to stop it the system hangs forever on shutdown.
>
> What I like to know is...
> 1-Where in a global way to stop it
> 2-Where in a user way to stop it.
> 3-Anything else I should know please.
>
> Somewhere in the system scripts should be a way to stop this.
> This application is supposed to stop on shutdown but is not doing it.
> Thanks
> Enjoy
> Johan
>
> May this be a good day for learning

You need to check the script in /etc/init.d/avguard  There should be a
procedure there for shutting down the application.  If I remember correctly,
if you installed avguard from the instructions, it creates non-standard
startup scripts that do not include the sysconfig options that tell it to
start up and shutdown on system start and stop.  You need to alter the
configuration script to include these options.

One very easy way to do this is simply to open up Webmin
https://localhost:10000 if you have it installed and running.  Go to System
tab, click the Bootup and Shutdown icon.  You will see a list of scripts that
start and shutdown on boot.  At the very bottom of that list you will see a
series of scripts called avguard and avupdater.  Click on one of them and it
will give you a message that the initialization script has been improperly
created and ask if you want to correct it.  Choose yes and it will then
create a single instance of the script.  All done and you should not have any
problems.  You may want to do the same thing to the avupdater script.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer