Hello,

I currently use an old 14' CRT monitor and I'd like to
change to a new 15' or 17' LCD monitor.

I can find information on configuration, but what do I do
when I want to switch from one monitor to the other?
Do I turn off the computer, make the switch and Mandrake
will notice the new monitor at boot and configure it (the
checking for new hardware is on at boot). Or should I boot
in console mode, without X and configure the new monitor
from the console.

Can you provide some pointers to the general procedure to
follow is such a situation.

Thanks,

Anguo

--
        Quote of the day:
"Collecting data is only the first step toward wisdom. But

IBM advertising about Linux

Read more:
http://www-3.ibm.com/e-business/doc/content/lp/prodigy.html
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/uncomp/articleshow?msid=164838