At 03:27 AM 9/26/2003, Derek Jennings said something remarkably like (but somehow subtly different from):

To get Samba working all you need to do is set the Workgroup name in the
config file.
You can do that by GUI simply by installing the drakwizard RPM using your
Mandrake Software Manager. Restart Mandrake control Centre and there will be
a new 'server' category. Go through the Samba Wizard.

At the end of the wizard it tells you to open a terminal. Enter 'su' to become
root and then for each user of your system enter

smbpasswd -a user_name

The user_name must exist in both Linux and Windows.
The password given is the **WIndows** password for that user. It does not have
to be the same as the Linux password.

Afterwards users will be able to access theit /home folders from a Windows
computer.

Thank you. I think I got this working right, but I am getting errors from my Windows machines. I suspect the problem is now on the Windows side.

--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/