First tip: turn off HTML in your mail client when posting to this list.
Plenty of us use mail clients that don't handle HTML too well, and tend to
disregard posts using HTML- or flame those who use it.

How are you booting into the installation?  Off the CD, or do you use a
boot floppy?  Also, it would be nice to quote exactly any error text you
get.  You're right - vague desciptions of errors aren't too often useful.

In my experience, when you change the default settings for LILO in the
installation, you usually get problems.  You might do well to take the
default and change it after you get your system running.

Regarding errors, you'll find them on the third and fourth consoles, I
think (been too long since I last re-installed).  Too see them, press
Alt-F3 or Alt-F4 at any time.  To get back to the install (which runs on
virtual console 1), press Alt-F1.

Can you tell us anything more?

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>